Moong dhal – 1 cup
Peas – ¼ cup
Capsicum – 1 (cut into pieces)
Tomato – 1 (cut into pieces)
Potato – 1 (cut into pieces)
Carrot, Beans (optional) – (cut into pieces) ¼ cup
Corn (optional) – 2-3 tbsp
Jeera (cumin seeds) – 1 tbsp
Fennel (sombu) – ½ tbsp
Cloves – 2
Green or red chillies – 6-8 (chopped)
Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
Ghee – 3 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Water – to cook vegetables
Cashews – 3-4 (optional)
Curd – 2 tbsp
Milk cream – 1 tbsp
Coriander – For garnishing
Preparation of Dhal:
- Cook the moong dhal in a pressure cooker (take out in 3 whistles) or in a cooking vessel for 10-15 mins till the dhal gets cooked well.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add jeera, fennel, cloves, cashews, chillies, tomato and fry lightly.
- Now add capsicum, peas, potato, (carrot, beans, corn – optional) and pour some water to cook the vegetables. Cook it well for 5-10 mins.
- Now add the cooked moong dhal, salt, turmeric powder, curd and mix well. Add little water if it gets too thick. Cook it for 2-3 mins till all gets mixed up.
- Remove from flame once it becomes as thick as gravy and add milk cream.
Serve with chapathi or parathas…..
The water in the vegetables and in moong dhal is enough. Add little water if necessary otherwise it will become very loose. If so happens add corn flour paste to it.
You can add any vegetables. It’s easy and healthy.