Carrot – 2
Beans (cut into small pieces)– ¼ cup
Peas – ¼ cup
Cabbage (chopped)– ¼ cup
Potato – 2 (cook, peel the skin and mash)
Red or Green chillies – 4 – 5 (cut into pieces)
Salt – to taste
Jeera (cumin seeds) – 1 tbsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Fennel (sombu) – ½ tbsp
Garam masala powder – ½ tbsp
Asafoetida – 1 pinch
Coriander (chopped) – ¼ cup
Oil – for frying
All purpose flour (maida) – 1 cup
Salt – to taste
Baking soda – 1 pinch
Oil – for kneading
Water – for kneading
Preparation of Dough:
1. Take a bowl, add the flour, salt and baking soda. Mix well…
2. Add little by little water and oil and knead well till it becomes soft dough.
3. Make medium size balls and keep it aside.
Preparation of Vegetable stuffing:
1. Heat oil in pan, add jeera (cumin), fennel, chillies and fry lightly.
2. Add all the vegetables (except Potato) and some water to cook.
3. Add Garam masala powder, asafoetida and cook well for 10 – 15 mins in medium flame.
4. After the vegetables are cooked add the mashed potato, salt and mix well. Cook it for 2 – 3 mins and remove from flame. Add coriander..
5. Make balls of enough size to keep it inside the dough balls.
Preparation of Samosa:
1.Take one dough ball and roll it in maida flour slightly.
2.Roll the ball in a clean surface to make a one inch thick circle. Put the vegetable balls in the middle and cover it by joining the ends of the dough in such a way to form a triangle. Press the ends well so that the stuffing won’t come out. Repeat the process for all balls.
3.Now heat oil enough for frying in a pan in medium flame. Once the oil is ready to fry, put one samosa and fry it for a min till it turns to golden brown. Turn it to the other side and fry for a min.
4.Once it is turned into golden brown colour and fried well. Remove from oil and keep it in a bowl with tissues.
Enjoy it with sauce and chutneys……
You can also add vegetables like Cauliflower, Cabbage, Capsicum etc…….