Bread – 4 slices (cut 1 slice into 4 square pieces)
Gram Flour – ½ cup
Chilli powder – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Asafoetida – 1 pinch
Baking soda – 1 pinch (optional)
Kesari colour (optional) – 1 pinch
Water – to make batter
Oil – to fry
Preparation of Batter:
- Take the gram flour in a bowl and add chilli powder, salt, asafoetida, (baking soda, colour – optional).
- Add water little by little to the flour mixture and mix it well till it becomes like a dosa batter. Keep it aside for 5 mins.
Preparation of Bread Bhajji:
- Heat oil enough to deep fry in a frying pan in medium flame.
- Take the cut bread pieces and dip it in the batter one by one.
- Dip it well so that the batter gets spread all over it.
- Once the oil is heated well to fry, take one piece out of the batter and put it in the oil. Keep it in medium flame.
- Fry for a min then turn it over to the other side and fry for a min.
- Once it is turned to a golden brown colour, take out and put in a vessel covered with tissues. The tissues will take out the excess oil. Repeat the process for all pieces.
Enjoy it with sauce or Chutneys……
There is no need for removing the outer brown layer of the bread. But if preferred, you can remove and use.
The batter is same for all kinds of bhajji. So you can use the leftover batter for other vegetables.