Potato (aloo) – 2 (peel off the skin and cut into pieces)
Peas (Matar) – ½ cup
Tomato – 2 (cut into small pieces)
Jeera (cumin seeds) – 1 tbsp
Fennel (sombu) – ½ tbsp
Mint leaves (pudhina) – 5-6 leaves
Cardamom – 1 or powder – ¼ tbsp.
Chilli Powder – 1 tbsp
Dhania Powder – ½ tbsp.
Amchur Powder – ½ tbsp.
Garam masala Powder – ½ tbsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tbsp
Milk – ¼ cup
Curd – ½ tbsp
Milk cream (optional) – ½ tbsp
Tomato Puree (optional) – as needed
Coriander – for garnishing
Preparation of Aloo Matar:
- Heat oil in a pan, add jeera (cumin), fennel, mint leaves, cardamom and fry it lightly.
- Then add tomatoes with little water and cook for 2 mins.
- Add chilli powder, dhania, amchur, garam masala powder, salt and cook for 1 min.
- Now add potatoes, peas and some more water to cook. Cook it for 10 – 15 mins till the potatoes are cooked well.
- Now add milk, curd and cook for a min and remove from flame.
Garnish with coriander…….
You can some tomato puree along with the potatoes to increase the amount of gravy.
Add the milk cream (optional) just few minutes before serving.