Almond (with or without skin) – 1 cup (soak in hot water for 30 mins)
Sugar – 1 cup
Milk – ¼ cup
Cardamom powder- ½ tbsp
Ghee or butter – 4 tbsp
Raisins – for decoration
Preparation of Almond Burfi:
- Peel the skin (if it is with skin) from the soaked almond and grind it with enough milk to make it like a fine paste.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder to the almond paste and whip it for a min and keep it aside.
- Take a plate, grease it with ghee and keep it aside.
- Now heat 2 tbsp of ghee in a non-stick pan and add the almond mixture.
- Make the flame to low and mix the mixture continuously. Add some ghee in between and mix it well.
- When the mixture starts to thicken and starts leaving the sides of the pan without sticking.
- Take out the pan from flame and pour the mixture in the plate. Spread the mixture evenly in the plate. Allow it to cool for 2-3 mins, then cut it into pieces.
Decorate with raisins and serve…..
You can also do this with almond powder. Just mix the sugar and little milk to the almond powder and set aside for 10 mins. Then follow the above procedure from step 3.
You can also add little saffron and cashews for a rich taste.