Dosai is all time favourite tiffin. But for dosai, you should prepare the batter the previous day. This recipe is for instant dosai. I love this dosai. This is also called Karacha maavu dosai……. Try and taste it…..😀
Yields 15 – 18 dosas
Rava (semolina) – ½ cup
Maida (all purpose flour) – ½ cup
Rice flour – ½ cup
Wheat flour – 4 tbsp (optional)
Jeera (cumin seeds) – 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tbsp
Mint leaves (pudhina) – 4-5 leaves (optional)
Green or red chillies – 10-12 (chopped)
Curd – ¼ cup
Salt – to taste
Oil – for cooking
Coriander – ¼ cup (chopped)
Preparation of Karacha Dosa:
- Take a big bowl, add rava (semolina), maida, wheat flour, rice flour and mix well.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add mustard seeds. After it crackles add jeera, mint leaves, chillies and fry lightly. Remove from flame and add it to the flour mixture.
- Add curd and water little by little to the flour mixture and mix it without lumps.
- Add water till it becomes a thick batter. The batter must be thick like normal dosa batter or Pancake batter. Now add salt, mix and leave it for ½ hour.
- Heat a tava in a medium flame. Once it is heated up, add a spatula of batter and spread it to make a circle. Pour little oil around it and cook for 1 min. Then turn it to the other side and cook for 1 min. Remove from flame once it is cooked and turned to light brown colour.
- Repeat the same for all.
Enjoy it with chutneys or sambhar.
You can also add coconut (grated or cut into tiny thin pieces) in the batter. It will taste great.
You can add black pepper instead of chillies.