Its my 3rd Wedding Anniversary!!!!!!! Time just flies…….. Though it was Sunday, the weather was horrible here. So we decided to sit @ home and enjoy watching some movies with great lunch and snacks. I made Kadai Paneer and some Kulcha for lunch (Recipes will follow soon. hehehe). I wanted to attempt one more cake and I decided to do Black forest cake. Its my favourite!!!!! Unfortunately, I didn’t get cherries or chocolate flakes here. So I bought some chocolate chips so that I can shred it to make flakes. So here it comes….. Beautiful…… I was tempted while cooking. Such a nice smell…… :D I want to taste it immediately, so I didn’t even had the patience to shred the chocolate chips….. hehehe😀 Look at it…. yummy!!!!! try over and enjoy……
All purpose flour (maida) – 1 cup
Powdered sugar – ½ cup
Butter – ¼ cup
Baking soda – 1 tbsp
Almond, cashew (optional) – ¼ cup (cut into pieces or shredded)
Cocoa Powder or chocolate drink powder – 1 tbsp
Sprite or coke – 4 tbsp
Chocolate flakes or chips or bar (can be shredded to make flakes) – ¼ cup
Whipped cream with sugar – for filling
Milk – ½ cup
Salt – 1 pinch
Butter – 1 tbsp
Maida flour – 1 tbsp
Preparation of Mixture:
- Sieve maida, salt, baking soda and then keep it aside.
- Take a bowl, add powdered sugar and butter and beat well for 5 mins with a blender or with a spatula by hand for 7-10 mins.
- After it is mixed well, add the sieved flour mixture and mix it to form dough.
- Once it is mixed, add milk little by little to the mixture and mix it till it becomes like a thick paste. Beat the mixture well for 2 mins.
- Now add the cocoa or chocolate drink powder, sprite or coke, almond & cashew and mix well for 4 mins.
Preparation of cake in pressure cooker:
- Take aluminum or a stainless steel vessel. Grease it with butter and just spread the flour over it.
- Now pour water in a pressure cooker and heat it in high flame for 2 mins.
- Pour the mixture in to the greased vessel. Do not place the greased vessel directly into the cooker. Take a small bowl with little water in it and place it in the cooker. Now keep the greased vessel above the small bowl and close the pressure cooker without the whistle. Do not close the greased vessel.
- Now reduce the flame to low and leave it to cook for 35 – 40 mins.
- After 40 mins remove from flame and allow it to cool for few mins, then just invert the vessel so that the cake come out in a proper shape. Now keep it aside and cool it.
Preparation of Black forest Cake:
- After the cake cools, cut the cake in the middle horizontally, so that you will get two round parts. Base separately and top separately. Make sure it is not hot at all. Otherwise the cream will melt.
- Now add the whipped cream in the top of the base part, spread it over well and close it with the top part.
- Now the cake becomes full with cream in the middle. Now spread the whipped cream over the top. Spread it evenly and fully.
- Now add the chocolate flakes or chips and other decorative stuffs. Cherries are the typical black forest cake decoration.
Enjoy the cake now.
After 30 mins open the pressure cooker lid and check whether the cake is cooked. You can do that by inserting a thin stick to it. When you take out, there shouldn’t be any sticky paste.
Make sure it is not overcooked. 35 mins is perfect. If you feel it needs some more time keep it for 40 mins.
If you have a hot plate, after you heat the cooker in full flame reduce the flame to 4 or 3 and leave the cake to cook for 30 – 35 mins.
You can write something in the cake if you want, with a chocolate icing or paste. You can make chocolate flakes with our normal chocolate bar by shredding.