For Vegetable stuff:
Carrot – 2 (shredded or grind)
Beans (cut into thin little pieces) – ½ cup
Potato (aloo) – 2 medium sized (cooked and mashed without skin)
Baby corn (optional) – 4-5 (cut into thin little pieces)
Spinach leaves (chopped) – ¼ cup
Cabbage (shredded) – ¼ cup
Green or red chillies – 2-3 (finely chopped)
Fennel (sombu) – ½ tbsp
Jeera (cumin seeds) – 1 tbsp
Garam masala powder – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – 1 tbsp
Mint leaves – 4 -5 leaves
Asafoetida – 1 pinch
Coriander – for garnishing
Wheat Flour – 2 cup
All Purpose Flour (maida) – 1 cup
Oil – for kneading
Salt – to taste
Water – for kneading
Preparation of Dough:
- Take a bowl, add wheat flour, maida, salt and mix well.
- Add water and oil little by little and knead the flour till it becomes soft dough.
- Knead for 2 mins more to get a nice texture.
- Make medium sized balls and keep it aside.
Preparation of Vegetable stuffing:
- Heat Oil in a pan, add fennel, jeera (cumin), mint leaves, chillies, asafoetida and fry lightly.
- Add all the cut vegetables (except potato), salt and water enough to cook. Cook them for 10-15 mins till the water evaporates.
- Add garam masala powder and mashed potato and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Remove from flame and divide into small balls 1 time larger than the dough ball.
Preparation of Vegetable Paratha:
- Take a dough ball, dip it in wheat flour lightly.
- Roll the ball in a clean surface to make a 1 inch thick circle. Put the vegetable ball in the middle and cover them with the dough. Do the same for all dough balls.
- Now take the veg. dough ball, dip it in wheat flour if needed and roll it in clean surface to make a 2 inch circle.
- Heat tava well, add the roti and pour little oil around the roti. Cook it for 1 min.
- Turn over the roti to other side and cook for another 1 min. Make sure it is cooked well.
- Follow the same procedure for all.
Enjoy it with sauce.
You can also add cauliflower to this. It is very simple and quick to do. With the vegetables at home and wheat flour you can make easy, tasty parathas.