Cabbage – 250 gms (cut into very small pieces or chop)
Peas – ½ cup
Moong dhal – 5 tbsp
Grated coconut – ¼ cup
Green or red chillies – 4-5 (cut into pieces)
Oil – 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tbsp
Urid dhal – ½ tbsp
Jeera (cumin seeds) – 1 tbsp
Asafoetida – pinch
Salt – to taste
Curry leaves – 4-5
Water – to cook
Ghee – ½ tbsp
Coriander – for garnishing
Preparation of Cabbage Curry:
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- After it crackles, lower the flame and add urid dhal, jeera, curry leaves, asafoetida, chillies. Fry lightly.
- Add the cut or chopped cabbage, peas, moong dhal and add water just enough for cooking the cabbage. Add salt and increase flame to medium. Cook for 10 – 15 mins.
- When the water is fully gone and the vegetable is cooked, take out from flame and add grated coconut. Mix well and garnish it with coriander.
- Add ghee now and mix. It will smell great….
You can do this curry without peas and moong dhal, if you are adding coconut. But if you want to avoid coconut, you can add moong dhal or peas or both. But all the three combined together tastes really yummy…….
Do not add more water to cook the cabbage. The fresh colour might change. So add water, till where you can’t see water above the vegetables.