This payasam is a very common famous in India (south side). This is the first sweet dish served in most of the festivals.
I love this……. My husband’s favourite dish………Try it and taste it……
Serves 4 persons
Channa dhal (kadalai paruppu) – ¼ cup
Moong dhal (paitham paruppu) – ¼ cup
Jaggery – 1 cup
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Sugar – 2 tbsp
Milk – ½ cup
Water – ¼ cup
Cashews & Raisins – for taste & garnishing
Preparation of Payasam:
- Soak channa dhal and moong dhal in hot water for ½ hour. Cook them well in a vessel for 15 mins or in a pressure cooker (take out in 4 whistles) and keep it aside. Both case, you must able to mash the dhals well.
- Heat a pan with ghee, add cashews, raisins and fry lightly.
- Now add jaggery with little water and heat till it dissolves completely.
- Add the cooked dhals to it and mix well. Heat till it starts to become slightly thick. Then remove from flame and cool it.
- After it is cooled well add milk and serve.
Do not add milk to the dhal mixture when it is hot. Cool the mixture well and add milk.
It is best to serve cold. It’ll taste yummy.