Paneer (home-made or readymade) – 10-12 cubes
Baby corn – 5 or 6 (cut into pieces)
Tomato – 2 (cut into small pieces or grinded)
Tomato Puree (optional) – 4- 5 tbsp or as per requirement
Cashews – 4-5 (grinded or shredded)
Oil or Ghee – 2 tbsp
Fennel (sombu) – ½ tbsp
Jeera (cumin seeds) – 1 tbsp
Cardamom – 1 or powder – ½ tbsp.
Bay leaves – 1
Mint leaves – 4-5
Chilli powder – 1 tbsp
Dhania powder – 1 tbsp
Amchur powder – 1 tbsp
Garam masala powder – 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp
Milk – ¼ cup
Curd – 1tbsp
Milk cream (optional) – ½ tbsp
Asafoetida – 1 pinch
Salt – to taste
Coriander – for garnishing
Preparation of Paneer babycorn masala:
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee in a pan, add the paneer cubes and fry till it turns to very light brown colour. Remove from the pan and keep it aside.
- Heat in medium flame 1 tbsp of oil or ghee in the same pan, add fennel, jeera (cumin seeds), bay leaves, mint leaves, cardamom and fry lightly.
- Now add the tomato with some water and cook for 2 mins. Add the baby corn, chilli powder, dhania, amchur, garam masala powder, turmeric, asafoetida and salt. Cook for 5-10 mins. Add some more water if needed.
- Now add the milk, curd, milk cream, cashews (grinded or shredded), tomato puree and cook for 3-5 mins till it becomes like gravy.
- Now add the paneer, cook for a min and remove from flame. Garnish with coriander.
Serve with Naan or kulcha……
You can avoid cashews if you want. It is just for a rich flavour.
You can also add peas to this.