I love Halwa(s)…. I came to know this halwa through ICC (Indian Cooking Challenge). This is the dish selected for December Challenge. I tried it and came out really well. Thanks to Srivalli. Here’s the Recipe.
Moong Dal – 1 cup (soak in water overnight)
Sugar – 1 cup
Milk – ½ cup
Ghee – ½ cup
Cashews and raisins – for taste.
Preparation of Halwa:
- Grind the soaked moong dal into a fine paste and keep it aside.
- Heat ¼ cup ghee in a pan in medium flame, add cashews and raisins and fry lightly.
- Add the moong dhal paste and mix well so that there will be no lumps.
- Lower the flame, add another ¼ cup of ghee and mix well. Mix it till the dhal gets cooked and the ghee oozes out.
- Add the sugar and milk and mix well till it become thick. Then pour it in a plate and allow it to cool.
- After few mins you can cut it into pieces.
Do not cook the dal in high flame. Dal will cook soon.
I thought of adding some colour like kesari colour, lemon yellow. But naturally it has a beautiful yellow colour.