I was thinking what to do for my Husband’s B’day. We are strict vegetarians. I wanted to try a cake. So I tried this and it came out really well. My husband loved it. There is no oven with me, so I tried it in the pressure cooker. It was perfect. My husband enjoyed his b’day with this homemade tasty cake. This is my first attempt. Now I’m planning to try all kinds of cakes. Chocolate, vanilla etc……. 😀 Look out for my posts.
Try it and enjoy!!!!!!!!!
All purpose flour (maida) – 1 cup
Powdered sugar – ½ cup
Butter – ¼ cup
Baking soda – 1 tbsp
Dates – 5 – 10 pieces (cut into small pieces)
Mixed Tutty fruity – ½ cup
Milk – ½ cup
Salt – 1 pinch
Butter – 1 tbsp
Maida flour – 1 tbsp
Preparation of Mixture:
- Sieve maida, salt, baking soda and then keep it aside.
- Take a bowl, add powdered sugar and butter and beat well for 5 mins with a blender or with a spatula by hand for 7-10 mins.
- After it is mixed well, add the sieved flour mixture and mix it to form dough.
- Once it is mixed, add milk little by little to the mixture and mix it till it becomes like a thick paste. Beat the mixture well for 2 mins.
- Now add the dates pieces and tutty fruity to it and beat for another 2 mins.
Preparation of cake in pressure cooker:
- Take aluminum or a stainless steel vessel. Grease it with butter and just spread the flour over it.
- Now pour water in a pressure cooker and heat it in high flame for 2 mins.
- Pour the mixture in to the greased vessel. Do not place the greased vessel directly into the cooker. Take a small bowl with little water in it and place it in the cooker. Now keep the greased vessel above the small bowl and close the pressure cooker without the whistle. Do not close the greased vessel.
- Now reduce the flame to low and leave it to cook for 35 – 40 mins.
- After 40 mins remove from flame and allow it to cool for few mins, then just invert the vessel so that the cake come out in a proper shape. Decorate it as you wish.
After 30 mins open the pressure cooker lid and check whether the cake is cooked. You can do that by inserting a thin stick to it. When you take out, there shouldn’t be any sticky paste.
Make sure it is not overcooked. 35 mins is perfect. If you feel it needs some more time keep it for 40 mins.
If you have a hot plate, after you heat the cooker in full flame reduce the flame to 4 or 3 and leave the cake to cook for 30 – 35 mins.