Potato (aloo) – 6 medium sized (boiled)
Jeera (cumin seeds) – 1 tbsp
Green chillies – 4 – 5 (chopped) or Sambhar powder – 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
Asafoetida – pinch
Curry leaves – 5 – 6 (chopped)
Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Coriander – as per taste
Wheat Flour – 1 ½ cup
Maida (all purpose flour) – 1 ½ cup
Salt – to taste
Water – enough to knead the flour
Oil – 5 tbsp
Wheat flour – 5 tbsp (for rolling)
Preparation of Paratha Dough:
- Take a basin, add wheat flour, maida, salt and mix it.
- Add oil and water little by little and knead the flour by hand.
- Knead it well till all gets mixed well and becomes soft dough.
- Make medium size balls and keep it aside.
Preparation of Aloo stuffing:
- Remove the skin and mash the potatoes.
- Heat oil in a pan, add jeera, curry leaves, green chillies, asafoetida and fry lightly.
- Now add the mashed potatoes (if you are adding sambhar powder, add now).
- Mix well and cook in a medium flame for 5 – 6 mins.
- Remove from flame and make balls which are 1 time larger than the dough balls.
Preparation of Aloo Paratha:
- Take one dough ball and dip it in wheat flour on both sides and roll it in a clean surface to make a 3 inch circle. Place potato (aloo) stuffing in the middle and cover the edges in a way that it becomes a ball again. Repeat the same procedure for all.
- Now take a stuffed ball and roll it to make a 2-3 inch circle. Do not press so much. Sprinkle the wheat flour if it becomes sticky while rolling.
- Heat tava or skillet in a medium flame. Once it is heated up, put the paratha and add oil on sides. Cook it till it starts to puff on edges. Turn it to the other side and cook for 1 min.
- Repeat the process for all parathas.
Make sure you do not press so much while rolling the stuffed ball. The aloo might come out of the dough.
Taste well with Tomato sauce or any chutneys……