Potato (aloo) – 5 – 6 medium size(Boiled)
Sambhar powder – 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tbsp
Urid dhal – 1 tbsp
Jeera (cumin seeds) – 1 tbsp
Oil – to fry
Salt – to taste
Coriander & Curry leaves – for garnishing
Preparation of Curry:
- Boil the potatoes in a pressure cooker (take out in 4 whistles) or in a cooking vessel for 15 mins, remove the skin and mash it lightly.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- After in crackles, add urid dhal, jeera, curry leaves and fry lightly.
- Now add the mashed potatoes and mix.
- Add sambhar powder and salt and mix well.
- Add some oil and fry for 2 – 5 mins in a medium flame by mixing occasionally.
Remove from flame and garnish with coriander.
If you want a deep fry, cook for 7 – 10 mins in a medium flame.
Enjoy with all rice varieties.