Channa dal (kadalai paruppu) – ¼ cup
Moong dal (paitham paruppu) – ¼ cup
Toor dhal (thuvaram paruppu) – 1 tbsp
Green chillies – 5 – 6 (chopped)
Tomato – 1 (chopped)
Jeera (cumin seeds) – 1 tbsp
Sombu (fennel) – ½ tbsp
Garam masala powder – 1 tbsp
Methi powder – 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
Curd – 2 tbsp
Milk cream (optional) – 1 tbsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Coriander & Curry leaves – for garnishing
Preparation of Dal Tadka:
- Soak all the dals for 30 minutes and cook it with some water in a pressure cooker (take out in 3 whistles) or in a cooking vessel for 15 – 20 mins. Keep it aside after it is cooked well.
- Heat oil in a pan, add sombu, jeera, curry leaves, green chillies, tomato and fry well.
- Add some water and cook for a min. Now add garam masala powder, methi powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Cook it for 2-3 mins and add the cooked dal to it. Add some water if needed.
- Cook for 5 mins and add curd, milk cream.
- Mix well and remove from flame. Garnish with coriander.
Best with Chapathi and pulka……
You can also add red chillies, cloves etc…….
You can also add some ghee before serving.