Arbi – ½ kg (Boiled)
Sambhar powder – 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tbsp
Urid dhal – 1 tbsp
Jeera (cumin seeds) – 1 tbsp
Oil – to fry
Salt – to taste
Coriander & Curry leaves – for garnishing
Preparation of Curry:
- Boil the Arbi in a pressure cooker (take out in 3 whistles) or in a cooking vessel for 15 mins, remove the skin and cut it into pieces.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- After in crackles, add urid dhal, jeera, curry leaves and fry lightly.
- Now add the arbi and mix.
- Add sambhar powder and salt.
- Add some oil and fry for 5 – 10 mins in a medium flame by mixing occasionally.
- Fry well till it gets roasted.
Remove from flame and garnish with coriander.
If you don’t want a deep fry, u can just cook for 5 mins and remove from flame.
Enjoy with all rice varieties.