Lady’s finger (Bhindi or Okra) – ½ kg (cut into small pieces)
Sambhar powder – 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tbsp
Urid dhal – 1 tbsp
Jeera (cumin seeds) – 1 tbsp
Oil – to fry
Salt – to taste
Gram flour – 4 tbsp
Coriander & Curry leaves – for garnishing
Preparation of Curry:
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- After in crackles, add urid dhal, jeera, curry leaves and fry lightly.
- Now add the lady’s finger and mix.
- Add sambhar powder, salt and some oil to fry.
- Sprinkle some water and cook for 5 – 10 mins by mixing occasionally.
- Fry well till the oil gets separates. Add gram flour now and mix for a min.
Remove from flame and garnish with coriander.
Adding gram flour, gives a different roasted taste. Just a different taste from normal curry.
Goes well with all rice varieties especially with Rasam Rice…….