Aloo (potato) – 2 (cut into pieces)
Gobi (cauliflower) – 1 cup
Tomato – 3
Cashews – 4 or 5
Sombu (fennel) – ½ tbsp
Jeera (cumin seeds) – 1 tbsp
Pudhina (mint) leaves – 3 or 4
Elachi (cardamom) – 1
Chilli powder – 1 tbsp
Dhania powder – 1 tbsp
Amchur powder – 1 tbsp
Garam masala powder – 1 tbsp
Methi (fenugreek) powder – 1 tbsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Milk – ½ cup
Curd – 3 tbsp
Milk cream – 1 tbsp (optional)
Coriander – for garnishing
Preparation of Aloo gobi masala:
- Grind the tomatoes with cashews in a mixer and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add sombu, jeera, mint leaves, elachi and fry lightly.
- Add the tomato mixture with some water and cook for 2 mins.
- Now add chilli powder, dhania, amchur, methi, garam masala powder and mix well.
- Add aloo, gobi, salt and cook for 5 – 10 mins. Add water if needed to cook the vegetables.
- After it is cooked, add milk, curd and milk cream (optional). Cook for a min.
Garnish with coriander and serve with roti, naan etc……
You can add tomato puree if needed.
Put cauliflower in hot water for 1 min, drain and add to the gravy. This will help to remove insects in the vegetable.