Channa dhal (kadalai paruppu) – 1 cup
Mustard seeds – 1 tbsp
Urid dhal – 1 tbsp
Jeera (cumin seeds) – 1 tbsp
Red dry chillies – 4
Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Coriander – for garnishing
Preparation of Sundal:
- Cook the channa dhal in a pressure cooker (take out after 2 whistles) or cooking vessel for 15 mins till it becomes soft.Make sure it is not overcooked. Drain the water and keep it aside…
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- After it crackles, add urid dhal, jeera, red dry chillies and fry lightly.
- Now add the cooked channa dhal, salt and mix well for 2-3 mins.
- Remove from flame and add coriander.
Good to have as snacks or even as a side dish to rice.
You can add grated coconut, if u like. I’ve not used it in this.
If the channa dhal is overcooked, it’ll get mashed while mixing. But that will also taste good.