Beans, peas – ¼ cup each
Carrot – 2 (cut into pieces)
Potatoes (aloo) – 2 (boiled and mashed)
Sombu (fennel seeds) – 1 tbsp
Jeera (cumin seeds) – 1 tbsp
Green chillies – 3 (chopped)
Garam masala powder – 1 tbsp
Bread crumbs – ½ cup
Corn flour – ½ cup
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tbsp & some for frying.
Coriander – for garnishing
Preparation of Cutlet:
- Heat oil in a pan, add sombu, jeera, green chillies and fry lightly.
- Add carrot, beans, peas and some water enough to cook.
- Add salt, garam masala powder and cook well.
- After all got cooked well, add the mashed potatoes. Mix for 2 mins and keep it aside.
- Mix the bread crumbs and corn flour in a plate.
- Make the vegetable mix into lemon sized balls and flatten it.
- Dip those flattened balls (both sides) in the mixture of corn flour and bread crumps.
- Grease the pan with oil and heat. Without crowding, fry the flattened dipped balls (in batches) 2 mins on each side. Add some oil around the cutlets.
Garnish with coriander and cashews (optional).
You can also add vegetables like corn, cabbage and beetroot.
You can make this even without bread crumbs.