Milk – 6 cups
Lemon juice – ¼ cup
Hot water – ¼ cup
Preparation of Paneer:
- Boil the milk in a vessel and stir occasionally.
- Mix the lemon juice in the hot water and pour into the milk, when it starts boiling well.
- When the curd starts getting separate, remove the vessel from the flame.
- Now drain it with a strainer covered with muslin cloth or a soft transparent cotton cloth, so that the curds get settled.
- Now rinse the curds in cold water and squeeze well so no water is left out.
- Cover the cloth, press, tie it tightly and keep a heavy pan over it for an hour.
Make sure you take out all the excess water from the paneer before tying it.
You can use the paneer to make dishes immediately or refrigerate and use it the next day.
This will stay for 1 week if refrigerated.