Carrot, aloo, capsicum – 1 each (cut into pieces)
Beans – 12-15 (cut into pieces)
Red Chillies – 4-5 (chopped)
Basmati rice – 1 cup
Water – 3 cups
Jeera (cumin seeds) – 1tbsp
Sombu (fennel seeds) – 1 tbsp
Bay leaves, cloves (optional) – 1
Garam masala powder – ½ tbsp
Ghee – 3 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Milk Cream – 1/2 tbsp
Coriander, cashew – For garnishing
Preparation of Pulav:
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker or a vessel and add sombu (fennel), jeera (cumin), bay leaf and clove.
- After a light fry, add the vegetables, chillies and fry lightly.
- Now add basmati rice and water.
- Add garam masala powder, salt and close the vessel or cooker.
- Cook for 15 – 20 mins till the rice is cooked and all water evaporates. If it is a pressure cooker wait for 4 whistles and remove from flame. Add milk cream before serving.
Have with raita or chips.
You can add other vegetables like cauliflower, corn, peas etc….
Cucumber or bondi raita will go well with this rice.