Rava (Semolina) – 1/4 cup
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Hot Water – 1 cup
Cashew – 9 or 10 (break into pieces)
Dry grapes – 5 or 6
Ghee – 4 tbsp
Kesari colour powder – 1 pinch
Cashews and dry grapes – for garnishing (if needed)
Preparation of Kesari:
1. Heat Ghee in a pan, add Cashew pieces, dry grapes and fry till it turns light golden brown.
2. Now add the Rava (semolina) and fry well.
3. When it starts turning light brown, pour 1 cup of hot water and cook well.
4. When it starts thickening, add sugar and mix well.
5. When it starts thickening again, remove from flame, add the Kesari colour powder and mix well.
6. Add 1 tbsp ghee if needed just to add a flavour.
You can do this with any colour like lemon yellow or even plain.
You can also add pine apple (cut into pieces) just before adding water to rava and add some pine apple essence with the colour powder which is Pine apple Kesari.