Carrot, Beans, Aloo – 2 each (cut into pieces)
Pumpkin – 1 small part (cut into piece)
Drumstick, Seppankizhangu (arbi) – optional
Coconut grated – 1/4 cup
Green chillies – 4 or 5
Jeera (cumin seeds) – 2 tbsp
Curry leaves – 6 or 7
Asafoetida – 1 pinch
Salt – to taste
Curd – ½ cup
Coriander – for garnishing
Preparation of Avial:
- Grind 1 tbsp Jeera (cumin), chillies in a mixie jar and keep it aside.
- Cook all the vegetables in a pressure pan well (do not take out the whole water)
- Heat oil in a small pan and add 1 tbsp jeera (cumin), curry leaves, asafoetida
- After a light fry, add the cooked vegetables, grated coconut, grounded mixture and salt.
- Cook for 5 – 10 mins (add some water if needed) remove from flame and cool it.
- After cooling, add curd and serve.
Goes well with rice and Adai (recipe will be posted shortly)
You can have with plain rice too…….
Adding sour curd will give more taste