Lady’s finger – 4 or 5 cut into pieces (medium size)
Tamarind – marble size ball
Oil – 2 tbsp
Mustard – 1 tbsp
Urid dhal – 1 tbsp
Channa dhal – 1 tbsp
Jeera (cumin seeds) – 1 tbsp
Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tbsp
Sambar powder – 2 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Coriander – for garnishing
Preparation of Vetha kuzhambu:
- Add the tamarind with hot water and extract the essence.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard.
- After it crackles, add urid dhal, channa dhal, cumin seeds and fry lightly.
- Now, add lady’s finger and sambar powder. Fry it lightly.
- Pour tamarind extract to it and add salt.
- Cook well (atleast 10 mins) till it thickens and add coriander.
Best to have with Curd rice and also can mix with plain rice.
Add some water if the tamarind extract is very thick.
You can also do it with drumstick or groundnut, cashew instead of lady’s finger.