Green chillies (bhajji Milagai) – 4 or 5 (cut in the middle and take some seeds out)
Aloo -2 cut into pieces
Peas – if desired
Tomatoes – 3 cut into small pieces
Tomato puree – ½ cup
Jeera (Cumin) – 1 tbsp
Pudhina leaves (mint) – as per taste
Chilli powder – 1 tbsp
Dhania powder – 1 tbsp
Garam masala – 1 tbsp
Amchur (dry mango) powder – 1 tbsp
Methi powder – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – 1 tbsp
Asafoetida – 1 pinch
Curd – 3 tbsp
Milk or milk cream – 1 tbsp
Coriander – for garnishing
Preparation of Green chilli masala:
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add jeera (cumin seeds), pudhina (mint leaves), mirch (bhajji milaga) seeds and asafoetida
- When they sizzle, add the tomatoes cut into pieces along with the mirch (bhajji milagai) and cook for 1 min.
- Then pour some water and tomato puree.
- Add chilli powder, dhania, amchur, methi, garam masala, powder, salt and stir well.
- Add potatoes, peas and cook well atleast for 10 – 15 mins.
- After it becomes thick as a gravy add curd, milk or milk cream and remove from the flame.
Best side dish for naan, roti and paratha.
You can add some more water or tomato puree to increase the amt of gravy.
You can also add 1 tbsp of corn flour mixed in 2tbsp of water to the gravy, to make it thick.